Teaching in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi is extremely rewarding and exciting.
The changes that we are making to our education system, alongside our commitment to becoming a world-class provider, make this a uniquely dynamic place in which to practice your skills.
This section gives educators, at every level, an overview of the services, processes and standards that ADEC provides and oversees.
- Getting In summarizes how to apply for an educator’s position in Abu Dhabi.
- Managing Students’ Behaviour explains the standards you should meet in order to help create a positive classroom climate. It also explains the Positive Reward and Recognition framework we use for this.
- As well as our extensive Public School system, there are also around 185 Private Schools at which you could teach. Guidance on applying is given here.
- Guiding Teachers sets out ADEC’s vision for education, and the role you can play in that. It also lists the tools we’ll provide you with, such as a Teacher Guidebook.
- For teachers ending their tenure in Abu Dhabi, Retirement Applications guides you through qualifying and applying for ADEC benefits.
- NIBRAS – Education Leadership Scholarship is a way we help current students looking to pursue a career in education within Abu Dhabi.
If you have any further questions about working as an educator in our Emirate, please get in touch. We would love to hear from you.